ACSA provides the services to perform a Marriage Ceremony for Muslims according to both Islamic practice of marriage principles and Australian legal requirements and does NOT perform Islamic Marriages if the couple does NOT wish to register the marriage with the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
When a couple has already decided to marry, they can arrange to have their marriage performed at Blacktown Mosque or a location of their choice.
Our procedure as follows:
- Bookings must be made at least one month prior to the marriage date.
- You will require the presence of two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian for the bride. The ideal guardian for the bride is the father of the bride.
- The groom and his family with consultation and approval of the bride and her family will offer in writing the Dowry recorded on the certificate of marriage.
- The marriage details are recorded in a prescribed form and signed by the bride, the groom, guardian and witnesses. A copy of that certificate is provided to the bride and groom with an official marriage license.
- ACSA will keep a copy marriage license as a record. The official license is then signed by the person performing the marriage and mailed to the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
For more information, call ACSA office on +612 9831 2436.